Saturday, May 23, 2015

Fun items I have found recently

 
Obsessed with baskets right now because I have stumbled across some neat ones lately. The above one is a vintage basket made to resemble a deer. It is very finely woven and has nice detail. It was made by Shanghai Handicrafts in 1970's.
 

 
 
I love the little tail! I don't want to put this in the store and sell this, It is so cute I want to keep it for myself!
 
This basket is made from abaca manila hemp from the phillippines. It was made sometimes in the 50's. It is in open tatting style. They used to make this type of basket over a thin metal frame which makes it look  dainty and delicate.






Seashell Basket
This basket weaved with very light pink, very light purple and a light tan color. It was difficult to get the colors to show up in the photo. You can only see them a little.
 
 If I had a beach themed bathroom or bedroom I would use this in them. In the bathroom with rolled washclothes and in the bedroom for keeping my eyeglasses in. At least I could find them in this seashell!
 
Check out my other vintage baskets: 






No comments:

Post a Comment