Monday, August 3, 2015

Road Trip Finds!

"New" Vintage items for the store I found on a recent week long trip:


I absolutely love this vintage magazine rack. The leather is sooo soft. If this doesn't sell quickly, I'm taking it home. I already know where I would put it! I found a few on ebay, one company wanted a ridiculous amount, $225.00. I won't be selling it for anywhere near that. That overinflated price is quite extreme. Two online had been broken and repaired, at least this one is all original. The wood and the leather look very good. I think I will be using it in the store to very carefully store/display some vintage magazines.



I found these very cute tea pot napkin rings that happen to go with three different sets of china I have in the store. They are hand painted with a lot of detail, especially considering the flowers are so tiny. The biscuit covering is cute









This vintage basket took a  lot of work to clean up, it is very delicate and was difficult to get the layers of dust off. It took some time cleaning up the seashells too, they cleaned up quite nice and have a decent amount of color to them.  It has a little catch on it to keep the lid closed. This style and weave were popular during the very early 1980's. The thin blue ribbon surrounds the basket. It also creates a bow of sorts and is attached to an iridescent looking shell.

The doily is in very good vintage condition. Most people collect these because they are hand made and very few people still practice this art.

The beach scene looks like a painting on this little box. It is the size of a jewelry necklace box. Gifting seashell/beach style jewelry in it would be perfect. It could be used as a trinket box.  A gift card would also fit,  it would be more unique in this box rather than using a standard box.

If you would like to check out my latest finds click here:  CardsAndAntiques.etsy.com






No comments:

Post a Comment