Monday, August 28, 2017

Doily Decor!


 I've been a little obsessed with doilies lately, layering vintage doilies over paper ones and adding doilies with some color to brighten up the table. I have used vintage hand crocheted white or ivory colors in the past but I am tired of that solid color look.


The pink rose doily above is a vintage one on top of a plain white decorative paper doily. (The paper ones are mostly used on a tray underneath my homemade brownies!) The yellow and pink ones are also just decorative paper ones.


This yellow rose doily is one of my favorites because the roses are three different colors and the green leaves pop with the yellow. These doilies can be found in my etsy shop here.



 These vintage blue and white crocheted doilies add just a little bit of color to the table. They rest on top of paper doilies. This is normally paired with
fresh white roses in an old milk jar in the center. It covered up the doilies too much for the picture though, so had to go!



Another of my favorites, these doilies are called crinoline ladies or southern belle doilies. Their large dresses and small crocheted hat on top is adorable. I have a few colors left if you've been looking for some unique doilies for your collection. Click here.



This ivory crocheted fan doily (complete with two tassels) below is the only one I have like this. I have never seen another one, although  I'm sure it's not the only one out there! The shape, the points at the ends and the tassels make it special for any doily lover!




The close up shots are my favorite photos of these pink doilies. The pink and white are vintage crocheted and the yellow underneath are paper doilies. The pink flowers in above picture are a lovely tri-color, and are surrounded by green. More doilies here!


An easy and inexpensive way to create a base for your centerpiece is to layer decorative paper doilies on top of a lace tablecloth. If you don't have enough crocheted doilies or if they don't match your table colors, using the paper ones as a base is a great alternative!


Have any unique uses for doilies? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment