Monday, March 24, 2014

Handmade Gift Boxes For a Special Touch







We've all been in a pinch before when holidays or birthdays sneak up on us. It happens to me a lot! I need to wrap a gift and don't have an appropriate gift bag, or I have the gift bag but can't find tissue anywhere. Need a box, can't find one the right size, etc.. then I stumbled upon a great idea -- handemade themed gift boxes. So I wanted to show you a quick way to dress up a plain white small box for any small gift. (jewelry, scarves or toys to name a few). The great thing about this is its not just a quick fix, it is a very special keepsake, and it takes very little time to complete.

 
This box was decorated for a child, so the pictures that I use reflect that.  For this project, the items that you need would be any size small box, small piece of ribbon, glue, 3-D plain white square stickers from scrapbooking section,double sided tape and some sort of easter pictures. I keep cards that I recieve throughout the year, so I have plenty of options. When I  can't find just the right one in my card stock, I go to the internet and print what I need.
 
 I use double sided tape to attach the pictures. For two of the pictures I used the 3D stickers to give it depth. I added some ribbon, used super glue to glue it to sides of box. Dries clear, dries fast, perfect. Used just one rhinestone on the box in a light blue color.I had a scrap of easter paper that was thin so I used on the inside of box.
 
A perfect box for niece's Lego People!
 
Below is a more detailed medium size decopage gift box with a dog theme that I did for a client.  Normally decorated inside and outside these detailed boxes take much longer to make. The finished product has a more personalized look.
 
 
 
 
Equestrian Theme
 


 What I really like about the larger decorative boxes is that they are so much more than a gift box-- the recipient can use them for trinkets, odds and ends, or general storage. Some people use the large circle nesting boxes specifically as a decorative element in their home. I can customize them to suit any taste or hobby, or to compliment any decor.   I've got a few boxes listed on etsy if you want to check them out.
 
I hope this post was helpful, if you have any other quick or unusual ways to wrap a gift feel free to share!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment